Havana '59 Exhibition and Sale at Eastern University - Opening - November 11, 2011

Presented by Eastern University, Friends of the Library, and Pennsylvania Trust to benefit the David R. Black Academic Enrichment Fund. Click here to for tickets to the November 11,2011 Grand Opening at the Bolingbroke Mansion in Radnor

Sponsers (to date)
: (click on link to view sponsors websites) Pennsylvania Trust, Corporate Dimensions, LTD., Handelok Bag Company, Edmar Abrasive Company, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union, Newman & Saunders Galleries

Hotel Nacional
















14" x 11" Acrylic on Canvas

George H. Rothacker, 2009©
Collection of Irving Gerber
Prints are also available. Please contact
george@rothackeradv.com


The Hotel Nacional is a national landmark in Cuba, It was opened in 1930 and was restored in 1992, preserving all of the splendor of its eclectic architecture, a mixture of Art Deco and modern influences of its time.
Though it rained, or was cloudy, throughout our Cuban holiday, I ventured out to the lawn in the rear of the hotel to paint one of the iconic towers of the famed hotel. A waiter brought me a chair and a table from which to work. Then it began to rain, and I settled on the stoop of the outdoor restaurant nearby. Though I couldn’t view the hotel from this position, I was able to paint the palm and the trees from that angle. I group of tourists were having lunch while I painted, and their guide said that since my legs were out beyond the stoop, a Japanese tourist named me, “The Painter with the Wet Legs.”